Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How much should I weigh?

I'm thirteen years old and 5'4. I'm not in a sports team, but work hard in PE and try to excercise at home as much as I can. How much should I weigh?
Answer:
Female: 95-131 pounds
Male: 95-127 pounds
These are age and gender specific guidelines, valid on your 13th birthday. Teenagers have very differing rates of growth, so with your high activity level, it may be okay if you are slightly above these ranges. If you are in the upper end of the range, please do not try to drop to the lower limit. The lower limit is a standard for thin, sickly kids to try to reach.
I would, however suggest asking your doctor. Please do not try to lose weight without first talking with your doctor and your parents.
The healthy weight for your height and age is 89 to 132 lbs.
Small frame 114 to 127
Medium Frame 124 to138
Large Frame 134 to 151

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net