Tuesday, May 25, 2010

How much should I run everyday to get a better time for a mile and would running help my jiggly thighs too?

I plan on runnning around my neighborhood block. If I run around it twice, that'll be one mile. I'm not athletic whatsoever. I've always had the worst score on miles and I get tired easilly. It would take me 12 minutes or more to run a mile, but I know if I put my head to it, I would get a WAY better score. And I'm gonna try and exercise to be healthy.
My body type is thin, especially my waist, my thighs though, are KINDA jiggly and I don't like it, would running help too?
Answer:
The human body is remarkable in its adaptability and you'll notice it too. What I did is to take my training from my days in the Marine Corps. I ran every other day, adding a quarter to a half of a mile of running only no walking every time I went running, then took the weekend off to rest. Your athletic ability is set by your genes, but I'm sure you'll see results that will at the very least satisfy you, if not surprise you. As for your jiggly thighs as you put it, remember that no exercise can target fat loss, as fat storage is also set by your body's blueprint. But it doesn't mean that you can't do anything about it. I'm certain you'll see results over time.
just start wherever you are timewise and go from there... if you can do 15 min... go for it then increase to 20... any running is better than none at all...
Its not about how much you run but about pacing youself. I you start out too fast thats whats going to kill you in the long run. Use a stopwatch when you run to check you splits. Like if you want to get a 9 minute mile run around the block at 4.30 pace you may think that you are going slow but you will pass up a lot of people.
Good Luck%26lt;3
first of all u shouldnt be running on the streets it will ruin ur knees.u should run on a local high school track if there is one or on a tredmill. then u will want to strech in the morning when u wake up and alot during the day and then befor u go to bed. u must be able o hold ur toes for at least 20 seconds. u should walking a mile first then move up to running, this should help build up ur stamina so u wont be so tired.
Yes. Running can help overall health. It doesn't matter so much how long it takes you as long as you are exercising. Make sure to do a lot of streches before you run. I would suggest doing a mile 2 times a day, early in the morning and late at night at first. You can do more later, but just make sure to do that. Also, make sure to drink plenty of water or sport drink. I would suggest no soda or caffiene, it can really help, trust me. It doesn't really matter you time at first, but make sure to try and eat and drink healthy. Running can help your thighs, too. After you are comfortable running the 2 miles a day, start trying to do 2 at a time(4 a day). Hope this helped. Good luck! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
vc .net